Ali Ibrahim M. Ameen
College of Spatial Planning and Applied Sciences, University of Duhok, Duhok, Iraq
Email: [email protected]
DOI: 10.23918/ICABEP2019p12
(Full Paper)

In the last decade of the twentieth century, educational curricula and learning methodologies have undergone radical transformations in many countries. These developments were among the main reasons that pushed countries to review their educational policies and adopted plans to reform and develop education and modernize their curricula and methods to enable them to confront modern educational changes and trends. On behavioural and thinking patterns. Many scholars and specialists in the field of management sciences have agreed on the crucial role of Higher Education in the process of social and economic development. The main and more obvious role is its significant contributions in preparing human resources that contribute to preparing future generations that could be relied upon in the future. The main objective of this study is to determine how strategic planning has assisted the improvement process of Higher Education performance, University of Duhok (UoD) as a case study. The researcher attempted to dive in the details of the approved strategic planning in higher education as well as the extent of higher education performance in response to these details. This is to be met, by investigating the extent to which UoD is applying the UNESCO standards. The study found a significant correlation between the requirements of strategic planning and the efficiency of higher education performance. It shows that 14.8% of the return is due to this factor, while the remaining 85.2% is expected to other factors not included in the study model.

Keywords: Strategic Planning, Efficiency of Higher Education Performance, Higher Education, UoD.

International Conference on Accounting, Business, Economics and Politics

ISBN: 978-9922-9036-3-7